The Getting's Good
Hey there - we aren't taking applications for our next market quite yet! If you'd like to get a good idea of what is expected feel free to read through our Vendor Agreement below to prep for our 2017 Holiday Market. Applications open again in September!
Ready to apply? First you have to read through the Vendor Agreement so you're up to speed on the requirements and expectations and such, then click on the button below to apply! Can't wait to see what you create.
Hooray, you’re interested in being a vendor! If accepted to the market means you will be bound under contract to the terms and agreements below. We don’t make the rules, we just—wait, no. We made the rules.
- Vendor applications for the market will be accepted February 3-17.
- Applicants will be notified of acceptance status by February 24th.
Vendor Qualifications and Our Promise
We want creative people to create. Our mission is to help inspired professionals give life to their ideas by establishing and growing successful businesses and products. To foster this creative economy, we strive to include in our market only items that are original, handmade, unique, vintage, repurposed, or produced locally. By agreeing to our terms and conditions, you commit to only sell products and offerings that fall under this criteria. Anything not in compliance with these efforts, delightful as it may be, will not be accepted to the show or will be pulled from the market.
We do not accept “resale” products, including MLMs, or “party”-type businesses, our love for parties notwithstanding. If we have questions regarding the nature of your products, we will email you to clarify before disqualifying you from the market. Our market is juried to ensure our vendors are the cream of the crop. We sure hope that’s you!
- Gateway Mall—116 S Rio Grande St, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Market Dates & Times
- Tuesday–Saturday, May 2–6, 2017: 10:00 AM–10:00 PM
- Monday–Saturday, May 8–13, 2017: 10:00 AM–10:00 PM
Products and Prices
- If you have a vendor ID already you may request to use it on our application form.
- If you do not include a preferred vendor ID in your application, one will be assigned to you and emailed to you after acceptance.
- Your products must be marked with your vendor ID and price in order to get credit for the sale.
- If your items are not clearly marked, or if the tag falls off, you may not receive credit for the sale. So sad!
- If multiple items are not marked, you may be charged an additional market fee. Even more sad!
- You must supply us with a list of prices you will be using by 5:00 p.m. on April 17th.
- Directions for making your price list will be emailed to you upon acceptance to the market.
- If your pricing is not sent to us by the deadline (5:00 p.m. on April 17th), you will be assessed a fee of $25. You will not be allowed to set up your booth until your prices are submitted.
- If you need to add new prices to your list during the market, send an email to John before the items with the new prices are placed in your booth. (We know how inspiration strikes at the last minute, but just keep that inspiration to a minimum so we’re not overwhelmed with new prices to add!)
- New products you add must fall within the descriptions and categories you listed in your application.
- You are responsible for supplying all items to set up your booth, including any desired tables or chairs.
- You are responsible for the setup and takedown of your booth.
- You may request access to electricity. While we will try to accommodate this request, not all booth spaces will have access.
- You may request space against a wall, seen from front and back, or at the end of an aisle. We will try to accommodate as many of these requests as possible, but unfortunately our space-conjuring abilities are lagging a bit behind Hermione Granger’s. Some vendors may not receive the type of space they request. We promise you’ll get the next best thing!
- We will try to accommodate double booth requests but may only have space to provide you a single booth if accepted.
- Each booth ensures you space of at least three feet deep by six feet wide. Double booths are twelve feet wide.
- Some booths end up being slightly larger. We’ll try to let you know ahead of time if you’re lucky enough to get one of those spots.
- If you choose to share a booth with a friend, all arrangements must be made by you. We allow one vendor ID per booth. We will prepare one sales report per booth and make one payment per booth. It is your responsibility to designate the contact. The contact is responsible to ensure all products in the booth meet our product guidelines, to split the booth fee, and to separate the sales proceeds at the end of the market. Your application must represent all products to be sold by both parties.
- Setup for the first week will occur on Saturday, April 29th from 4:00 to 7:00 p.m. You may arrive at any time that is convenient for you, but you must use the rear loading dock.
- Setup for the second week will happen Saturday, May 6th from 10:30 to 11:30 p.m.
- Salt & Honey staff will check in all vendors and verify that your booth fee invoice is paid and your price list is submitted before you will be allowed to setup.
- Additional storage for inventory is available. Please let us know in the application if you will be using that space!
- Any booth spaces not occupied by the setup deadline will be considered forfeited and will be offered to a vendor on our waitlist.
- You may restock your inventory during market hours if you choose.
- If you are bringing items that cannot be carried in your arms, they must be brought through the rear loading dock. All other items may be brought through the front doors.
- You may store additional inventory underneath your table for easy restocking OR use the secure storage space in the back for additional items.
- Salt & Honey staff and volunteers will do their best to keep your space tidy and restocked, but feel free to come back any time during the market to do your own restocking.
- We provide a central checkout for all vendors, with the exception of select food and beverage vendors we invite.
- We will accept cash and all major credit cards.
- Takedown will begin at 10:00 p.m. on May 6th for first week only vendors. You will have until 11:00 p.m. to dismantle your booth. We know you’ll want to get to bed as much as we will. Vendors who take longer than the allotted hour for takedown will be assessed a $25 fine.
- Takedown will begin at 10:00 p.m. on May 13th for second week vendors. You will have until 11:00 p.m. to dismantle your booth. Please be prompt. Vendors who take longer than the allotted hour for takedown will be assessed a $25 fine.
- Takedown is allowed through both the loading dock in the rear and the front doors. Please be prompt and move as quickly as possible, since we have a limited window to get the first week only vendors moved out and the second week only vendors moved in.
- All items you brought for your booth must be removed on takedown, including hardware and tape. Any nails, screws, tape or other items left in the space will result in a $25 fine.
- You may be spotlighted on our website, blog, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest in the weeks leading up to the event. We’ll pull from the photos you submit with your application or from your feeds with permission, so make sure to send us images you’re proud to share!
- We will provide you with a packet of graphics to use on your social media accounts to advertise the market.
- We will release announcements to the press, do extensive social media advertising, as well as place posters all around Davis County leading up to the event.
- We encourage vendors to advertise through their own Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and other social media.
Theft and Liability
- We will do everything within our power to prevent theft of products and displays, but we cannot guarantee that items will not go missing or get broken. It’s a cruel world, even in nice places like Salt Lake City. Our volunteers will be trained to spot and stop shoplifters, and we will make every effort to prevent any incidents; however, we cannot be held responsible if theft does occur.
- The market will be monitored by mall security overnight and by video and locked securely after hours.
- All vendors will receive a check for their final earnings issued shortly after the second week of the market.
- You will also receive a closing financial statement with your check. It will include sales at every price point you use.
Vendor Booth Fee:
- If accepted into the market, you will receive an invoice for your booth fee, which will be due April 1st.
- Booth fees for one week: $75
- Booth fees for two weeks: $150
- Two booths: double the fee for however many weekends you choose (we like to keep it logical).
- Vendor fees are collected to pay for the up-front costs of marketing, insurance and leasing our location.
- Fees are payable only via the Square invoice sent to you.
- For those who decide not to participate, we will be sad to see you go, but we will refund your fees until April 8th. After that date, fees are non-refundable. Then you’ll be sad to see you go.
- If you decide to change your request from two weeks to one week prior to the invoice due date, you will only be required to pay for one week. After the due date, you are responsible to pay for both weeks. Late week changes put us in a bind and it can be difficult to get a wait list vendor in your space in a short amount of time.
- If you withdraw your application prior to the booth fee invoice due date, you will be given a full refund of the fees you paid. After the due date, no refunds will be given. Late cancellations put us in a bind and it can be difficult to get a wait list vendor in your space in a short amount of time. If you miss the due date your spot will be given to a waitlisted vendor.
- *Exception: All Fine Artists chosen will have their booth fees waived. To qualify as a Fine Artist you must bring 80% of your work as original pieces for sale displayed gallery style. The rest may be prints and other materials for sale but the majority must be original Fine Art. If you wish to apply under this category but are unsure of your work falling under it, we will let you know if you don’t qualify and reassign you to another category. If you have questions about whether you are qualified feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Each vendor with be charged 18% of gross sales (that’s the total earned before deducting costs—we always have to look that one up). This fee is used to cover credit card processing, any discounts we choose to offer as promotions, and other expenses.
- If your prices are not submitted by 5:00 p.m. on April 17, you will be charged $25.
- If setup extends beyond the deadline, you will be charged $25.
- If takedown extends beyond the 11:00 p.m. deadline, you will be charged $25.
- If an excessive number of your items are mislabeled or not labeled with your vendor ID and item number (requiring extra work on our part to track down the correct information), you will be charged $25 each day. We will inform you if this is a problem as soon as possible so you can fix your labeling before the next day. We don’t want the $25 nearly as much as we want everything to go smoothly!
- All vendors must complete and submit an Internal Revenue Service (IRS) W-9 form. If you’ve already submitted one to us this year (and if the information on the form has not changed) you do not need to submit a new one. You may be subjected to a penalty by the IRS if you do not provide this form. We only need one W-9 from you each year.
- Sales tax will be collected through the central checkout and will be paid by us to the required agencies. One less thing for you to do!
- You will be issued a sales receipt with your payment. This can be used to submit your income for tax purposes.
Perks! Finally the fun part!
- VIP Exclusive Opening Party invite:
- Each vendor will be invited to participate in an opening event on the night of Monday May 1st, highlighting you, where you can meet local makers, social media personalities and influencers—the ones who can take your business big places with a single post!
- A hoppin’, boppin’ party with food, drinks, music, giveaways, swag, and exclusive first-chance shopping where attendees (and you!) can purchase all products for 10% off—all on us! (The 10% will come out of our commission, not your sales. Phew.)
- A great way to use social media, networking, and other marketing tools to enhance your presence online and in person in the handmade marketplace.
- Extra tickets for this event will be available for the public for $10.
- If you’re a second-week-only vendor, you will have the opportunity to bring 2–3 items to display and sell at the party.
*This agreement is subject to change without notice. We’re kinda whimsical. Please check this site for updates.